Balancing the demands of work and family is a lot to manage. And it's not easy to do well. Work can consume our time and attention and, if we're not careful, things quickly become unbalanced and the scale tips too far.
We also discuss the importance of boundaries and communication and share our own stories of navigating that timeless tension between work and the rest of life.
The idea of this show is this: If you are successful in life, it can actually fuel your work instead of distract from it. (Tweet that)
As you listen to this week's episode of the podcast, I hope you are encouraged to schedule your work around your life — and not the other way around.
Listen to the podcast
To listen to the show, click the player below (if viewing this in email, click here).
Listen in as we talk about the practical and profound ways to manage your life and work and don't miss this week's publishing industry spotlight as well as our usual ridiculous (but sometimes serious) predictions of the future.
In this episode we discuss:
- The tension we feel when trying to balance family and work.
- The scary question Andy asked his wife.
- A personal story of mine — and how my wife is my biggest fan.
- The value of platforms like Vook and Snippet (and why the future of the book is probably not going to be in multimedia).
Resources mentioned in the show
- Three Figs Villa (these guys do amazing prints for writers!)
- When Work and Family Collide by Andy Stanley
- Tyler Ward — his blog and his book, Marriage Rebranded
I hope you enjoy this week's episode. Feel free to download it and share with friends. And I'd love for you to take a moment to leave a review on iTunes (this helps more people find the podcast).
How do you manage the tension between work and family? Share in the comments.