My new book, The In-Between, has been out a month and has already started receiving rave reviews. I’m both excited and a little nervous to hear how it’s connecting with readers. So far, so good (over 100 4- and 5-star reviews on Amazon!).
Here are a few recent reviews:
Sometimes we focus on the next big thing in our lives that we often miss the best moments which are right in front of us. I know I am guilty of this, which is why this book deeply resonates with me. I definitely wrestle with the in-between moments in my life.
In his book, Jeff inspires us all to see our personal waiting periods in a new light. No matter your age or season of life, there are things you have to wait for. The In-Between takes us on a journey through various seasons of Jeff’s life, including his mission travels, meeting his wife, and becoming a father. So much wisdom packed in such a young man. Through his own life lessons, Jeff encourages us to slow down, let go, and be grateful.
What a great perspective and set of lessons from this bright young writer. And I wish I had known about the In-Between when I was in my 20’s. I am 60 now, and learned some of this myself along the way, but whatever your age, you will find refreshment and companionship as you walk through Jeff’s words. What I know now, as I enter the best years, is that there are many such In-Between periods in life, and they are times to savor, not stew, and as you live in and for the moment, you fill up and become fulfilled, better able to ride and enjoy the next wave. Thanks Jeff, for stepping out and pursuing your gift. Can’t wait for the next book that is brewing.
This book is set at a slower pace from that of my previous work, Wrecked, so it’s interesting to see the impact it’s having.
Stories tend to work more slowly but also more deeply into the hearts of readers, which was why I decided to write the book as a memoir. I wanted to make a point using story, and the message required me to think more creatively than a typical nonfiction advice book.
So I want to share with you some more thoughts from yours truly as well as some fascinating reflections and reviews from readers (including one in Albanian!).
Here is a collection of guest posts, interviews, and reviews of the book, as well as some unique explanations of what it means to embrace the wait and live in the in-between. Enjoy!
Guest posts (mine)
- What Good Memoir Can Teach You About Copywriting [Copyblogger]
- How to Pay Attention to the Beauty in Front of You [The Nester]
- How Stuff Robs Us of Those We Love the Most [Becoming Minimalist]
- 3 Rules to Write World Changing Memoir [The Write Practice]
- How Doing Nothing Makes You More Creative [Accidental Creative]
Interviews & podcasts
- Allison Vesterfelt: The In-Between
- Gospel eBooks: Hang Out with an Author — Jeff Goins
- Kris Camealy: Interview with Jeff Goins
- The Art of Giving Show: The In-Between
- Scott McClellan: Jeff Goins on the In-Between
- Chris Brogan: Jeff Goins on Writing & What to Do in Between
- Tammy Helfrich: Jeff Goins on Enjoying the In-Between
- BibleDude: A Conversation with Jeff Goins
- Karen Ehman: Embrace the Wait with Jeff Goins
- Proverbs 31: Embrace the Wait Devotional
- Smart Passive Income: Book Marketing with Jeff Goins
- Beyond the To Do List: Calling, Creativity, and The In-Between
- Starve the Doubts: The In-Between
- Grace Biskie: The In-Between — My Interview with Jeff Goins
- Michele DeRusha: The In-Between (an interview with Jeff Goins)
Reviews & reflections
- Allan Dubon: FF: The In-Between
- Chris Zweifel: A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words: The Importance of Vision
- Sarah Elisabeth: Healing in the In-Between Moments
- KC Procter: In Between the In-Between
- From this Kitchen Table: While I Wait
- A Garden for Sara: The Waiting Assignment
- Meredith Sings: The In-Between of Maine and Nashville
- Ralph Rickenbach: The Art of Waiting
- Samantha Smith: Life’s Waiting Moments to Cherish
- Christy Mosburg: The Ups and the Downs
- Chrissine Rios: In a Hurry?
- Nolan Recker: Old Writing, New Thoughts
- Alycia Morales: Get Me Out of Here!
- Deanna Brown: Wait No More
- Giselle Hudson: Lessons from a Dusty Fan
- Rachel Miller: Valleys, Holding Patterns, and The In-Between
- Linda Belcher: A letter to a new friend
- Michael Hyatt: Learning to Embrace the In-Between
- Kyle Reed: Jesus Was Inefficient
- Michael Nichols: After 40 Years, I Have One Regret
- Mark Oestreicher: The In-Between
- The Cat Who Writes: My Life is Lived in “The In-Between”
- Agustin Prenga: Momentet e ndermjetme [in Albanian]
- Daniel Kao: Slowing Down
Your chance to participate
Whether or not you’ve read the book (although, I encourage you to pick it up), I’d love to hear how this idea of embracing the wait has changed your life in some way. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments (blog links, too!).
Oh, and if you haven’t yet participated in the Slow Down Challenge, check it out.
What do you think of the in-between (the book and/or the idea)? Share in the comments.