Note: This offer has now expired. Sorry!
We all have to learn to live in the in-between moments of life. Whether you’re 17 or 71, you know what it means to have anxiety, to experience delays, to hope for things that never come. Which raises an important question:
What do we do with the waiting? Do we love or loathe it? Is it a necessary evil to get to the good stuff in life? Or is it the entire point of being alive?
I wrote my next book in an attempt to answer that question (read on to hear how I'm going to give you a ton of bonuses when you decide to preorder it and join me in the waiting).
Introducing: The In-Between
Instead of telling you what I think we should do with waiting, I’ve shown you through personal anecdotes and reflections that will hopefully lead you to consider similar moments in your own life.
The In-Between is part memoir, part advice book — full of heartfelt stories and practical takeaways. Some parts are extremely personal, while others are more abstract and universally applicable. And every few chapters, I include what one of my editors calls an “interstitial,” a brief instructional piece on how this all relates to you.
It feels like the riskiest thing I've written so far. And since I can’t wait for the book's release in a couple of months, I thought it would be fun (and appropriate, given the topic) to not only encourage preorders, but reward them.
Why you should preorder the book
If you preorder my book between now and the release date (July 29, 2013), you will get six bonuses absolutely for free:
- Membership to an exclusive online community, including a free newsletter and invitation-only Facebook group (a $99 value — and for my money's worth, the best part of the whole deal). In this group, I'll be sharing secret insights and lessons learned from the process of writing and publishing another book — and you'll be the first to hear it.
- Advanced digital copies of the manuscript in Kindle, iPad, PDF, and Nook formats (a $40 value). Instead of having to buy a different version of the book for different devices, you get them ALL for free.
- Digital copies of my last book, Wrecked, in all file formats (a $40 value). Just like the above, but for my previous book, which was published last year. In many ways, this book is the prequel to The In-Between, so the two go well together.
- Complimentary copy of the audiobook, read by me (a $30 value). Most audiobooks come out months after the print version of the book, but if you preorder this book, you'll get the audio BEFORE the print.
- Reader’s guide with exclusive content and discussion questions (a $10 value). This is an exclusive workbook I'm creating for groups and organizations who order the book in bulk, but all you have to do is order one.
- 30-minute writing workshop (MP3 + PDF) entitled, “How to Fall Back in Love with Writing” (a $20 value). This was one of my best speeches I've ever delivered on the writing process. The audio quality is excellent, and I include my slides, as well, for you to follow along.
If you’re keeping track of dollars (which isn’t really the point), that’s $240 worth of free stuff just for preordering a $10 paperback. Not bad, right?
My goal, though — and frankly, the real value in this offer — is the community we’ll form. Yes, you’ve got to pay a little to be a part of it, but it’ll be worth it.
Folks pay hundreds and sometimes even thousands of bucks to get this kind of access to me. And all you have to do is preorder my next book. I plan on working my butt off to serve this group of early adopters and make it every bit worth your while.
How to get the bonuses
So… if you're in (and I hope you are), here's what you need to do:
- Preorder the book at your favorite bookstore (B&N, Amazon, BAM, CBD, Parable).
- Submit the receipt to this email address: inbetweenbonuses (at) gmail (dot) com.
- Confirm your email address (you’ll be added to a list that will allow you to collect your bonuses and stay in touch).
- Download all your awesome bonuses and make sure you add the above email to your safe senders list.
Here's why I'm doing this: bookstores tend to base how many copies of a book they order off of preorders. So if a book doesn't get a lot of sales before it releases, then bookstores (like Barnes & Noble and Amazon) tend to be more conservative with their initial orders.
On the other hand, if we get a large number of preorders, more copies of the book will be on shelves when it releases. Plus, you get all that free stuff and my undying gratitude (I'll even throw in a free hug).
So what do you say? Are you in? If you're able (and I totally understand if you aren't), I’d love your help. You can find out more about The In-Between and where to order it here.
What “in-between” moment are you dealing with right now? Share in the comments.