You love writing but have never been good at the whole discipline thing. Everyone says you ought to be writing every day, but how?
My 500 Words is a 31-day challenge designed to help you answer that question. It will help you get more disciplined, hone your craft, and finally become the writer you've dreamed of being.
Ready to get started? Read below to get all the details:
- Write 500 words per day, every day for 31 days.
- You can write more if you want, but 500 words is the minimum.
- Don't edit. Just write.
- If you miss a day, pick up where you left off. Don't make up for lost days.
- Encourage, don't criticize (unless explicitly invited to do so).
- Blogging counts, but email does not.
- All of this is completely free.
How it works
- Write every day, and record your progress.
- Join the My 500 Words community for accountability and encouragement. You can also tweet your progress with the hashtag #my500words.
- Sign up for the challenge using the form below to receive the My 500 Words prompts daily in your email for the next 31 days.
Sign up for the free challenge
Enter your email to get free updates, writing prompts, and other inspiration.