What a Change in Perspective Can Do: Interview with Andy Andrews
In this interview, I talk with New York Times best-selling author and world-renowned speaker Andy Andrews about his new novel, The Noticer Returns.
We also talk about what it takes to tell a great story and why we all need a little more perspective.
Listen to the interview
About Andy and his new novel
Andy Andrews has been called “one of the most influential people in America.”
He is the author of several bestsellers, including How Do You Kill 11 Million People?, The Noticer, and The Traveler’s Gift, and a popular public speaker.
Andy has spoken at the request of four different U.S. presidents and was called “the best speaker I have ever seen” by Zig Ziglar.
He lives in Orange Beach, Alabama, with his wife, Polly, and their two sons.
His latest book, The Noticer Returns, is about how little things can make a big difference — if we choose to notice them.
To find out how you can win a free copy of the book, read below.
In this interview (that clocks in just under 30 minutes), we talk about:
- How a real-life “noticer” changed Andy’s life by altering his perspective forever
- Why how we think affects who we become
- What a best-selling author’s writing process looks like
- The reason you should be reading more fiction
- How stories teach us far better than facts do
- “We tend to listen more when we’re forced to.” [Tweet]
- “Don’t believe everything you think. What you think is what you know. And wisdom goes beyond what you know.” [Tweet]
- “Wisdom is what separates average people from extraordinary people.” [Tweet]
- “Motivation is a myth. Encouragement is fine. Proof is better.” [Tweet]
- “Stories connect in a way that nonfiction cannot.” [Tweet]
Get a free copy!
Andy has been gracious enough to offer five free copies of his new book to some lucky readers! Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Tweet or share on Facebook a link to this post.
- Leave a comment answering the question below.
- Wait to hear from me via email to see if you won a copy. If you don’t hear from within the next week, you can assume you didn’t win. Winners are selected randomly. Contest ends Nov. 8 at 12:00 p.m. CST.
How has a change in perspective changed your life? Share in the comments.