Apparently, writers hate creating videos. That's what I learned when I launched a contest and nobody (but two brave people) entered it.
I don't blame you. Videos are scary, and writers write (not videographify). That's why I'm changing the rules.
I just expanded the You Are a Writer Contest to include not only video, but blog posts, tweets, whatever — anything with a link.
But you need to act now, because the contest ends tomorrow.
Rules and stuff
To enter your chance to win $120 in prizes, create an announcement in which you tell the world you're a writer, and share it. Here's how it'll work:
- Create the most creative announcement (video/post/tweet/etc.) you can in which you declare yourself to be a writer. If doing a video, upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Make sure you include the text link to https://youareawriter.com somewhere in your announcement (e.g. in the description of your video, as a link in your tweet, etc.).
- Share your link on this page.
- Promote the link on your social networks (this is optional, but it helps.)
- Submit your entry by May 20 (the cut-off time is 11:59pm CST).
Here's what the winner will get:
- All formats of my new eBook, You Are a Writer (if you already have these, you can gift them to a friend)
- Writing worksheet with six exercises
- A new, not-yet-released audio series on writing and getting published
- A $100 Amazon gift card
That's $120 in prizes. Pretty sweet, if you ask me.
Yes, you can now enter the contest with a blog post, video, tweet, status update, etc. Whatever you want. Just make it creative. Call me a softie, but I want to keep it interesting.
I'll pick the winner and announce who him/her on the blog on May 22nd.