For awhile, some of you have been asking me if I'll ever publish a book that doesn't have to do with writing. Well, here's what you've been waiting for…
A year ago, Moody Publishers contacted me, asking if I was interested in publishing a book. I said yes, and a year later, we're a month out from the release of my first print book, Wrecked. (I'll be sharing more about this later. For now, hold off on buying it; I'll make it worth your while — promise.)
A lot of work goes into successfully launching a trade book, and frankly, I can't do it alone. I have too many ideas, and I need your help implementing them.
Most projects I are crowd-sourced because I believe in the importance of empowering your “tribe,” so that's nothing new. However, we're going to do something really different with this team, and I'm excited about it.
This group is going to be special. I plan on personally pouring everything I have into it, enabling the team to spread this message. We're also going to experiment with some innovative book promotion ideas, which you'll get to see first-hand.
If you ever plan on doing something like this yourself some day, the experience will be invaluable. Plus, it's going to be a lot of fun.
What you get
If you sign up to join the Wrecked Launch Team (and get accepted), here's what you'll get for your time:
- An advanced electronic copy (PDF) of the typeset manuscript that you can read a month before anyone else will get a copy.
- A free copy of the paperback before it releases.
- Exclusive access to a private Facebook group, where we'll share promotion ideas and you'll have direct contact with me.
- The opportunity to interact with other launch team members and see the behind-the-scenes of a book launch.
- A special mention on my blog with a link to your website.
- A bunch of other freebies I can't talk about yet (seriously cool stuff).
What I'm asking from you
If you're picked to be a part of this team, I ask that you agree to:
- Read and review the book online (e.g. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and/or your blog).
- Spread the word any way you can during the week of August 1 (when the book launches).
- Interact with the rest of the launch team and participate in the community to help come up with promotion ideas (we're open to experimenting).
I'm going to be “all in” for this, so I ask that you take it seriously. Please don't apply if you don't have the time or energy to dedicate to helping get the word out.
Because of how personally invested I'm going to be in this project, we need to keep the group to a manageable size. Therefore, we won't be accepting everyone who applies. Applications close this Friday, July 6 at 5pm CDT.
We'll be emailing individuals to let you know if you made the team. If you don't hear from us in a week, you can assume you didn't make it. Don't worry; there will be other opportunities to get involved in the launch.
Update: This form is now closed. Thanks to the hundreds who applied! I’ll be posting the team on my blog, so make sure you’re signed up for updates. You can also download the first part of the book here.
Thoughts on this idea? Recommendations? Share in the comments.
*Photo credit: Charles McCain (Creative Commons)