Have you ever been so sure about something, so confident that you had the right plan — only to see it blow up in your face? Maybe, just maybe, despite all that frustration, those experiences are actually blessings in disguise.
That’s what Alece Ronzino learned after spending 13 years of her life in Africa.
It’s one thing to be determined, to have a clear path in life. But it’s quite another to choose the way of faith, to sacrifice and commit even when life gets hard. To have a constant attitude of openness and availability.
In this week’s edition of the Wrecked Sessions (a 10-part weekly podcast series I’m doing based on my book, Wrecked), we meet my friend Alece, who understands better than most the cost of trusting God.
I hope you find the conversation as inspiring as I did.
Listen to the podcast
About our guest
At 19 years old, Alece Ronzino went to South Africa with the intention of only being there for a year. Thirteen years later, she returned to the U.S., completely changed.
She couldn’t imagine going back to what most of us would call a “normal” existence, not to mention the comfortable New York lifestyle she left over a decade before. She was wrecked.
Alece and I met shortly after she returned from Africa. Those experiences — the good with the bad, the heartbreak with the miraculous — have all taught her an important lesson: Life is not about me.
In this episode of the podcast, we discuss changing plans and how to handle failure through various seasons of life. We also discuss why it takes more than good feelings and short-term thrills to live a meaningful story.
Subscribe to the podcast
Download the transcript
You can view the complete transcript of this session (courtesy of Eva P. Scott) by clicking here. Right-click and select “save as” to download it to your computer.
Updates & ways to get involved
If you liked this podcast, here are some other ways to get involved and to connect with me:
- Listen to last week’s session (transcript now available!).
- Leave a podcast review on iTunes.
- Buy the book on Amazon or Barnes and Noble (audiobook also available) and give it to a friend.
- Download the free action guide and get a group to go through it together.
- Join the waiting list for the next Wrecked trip.
- Come see me speak on this topic at Unleashed 2013 in Stuart, FL (April 19–20).
- Transcription of this episode coming soon!
- Sign up for my email newsletter to get exclusive content, free resources, and regular updates.
How do you react when your plans get interrupted by a larger purpose? Share in the comments.