You Are a Writer: So Start Acting Like One
- The mom who wishes she was more patient with her kids.
- The retired athlete who wishes he was still in the game.
- The actor who never made it to Tinsel Town and lives vicariously through old films.
A lot of people wait around to be picked. To be affirmed in their callings. To hold out hope for someone to come along and tell them they are what they wished they were.
When it came to thinking of myself as a writer, I was the same. I wanted someone else it to acknowledge my gifts so I didn’t have to.
Until I started believing I was a writer, I couldn’t act like one. So I made a decision that changed everything: I started calling myself a writer.
For the past several months, I’ve been working on an eBook about this change of mind. It’s called, You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One), and it releases today.
About the eBook
In You Are a Writer, Jeff Goins provides the tools and insights you need to build your platform, develop an audience, and make meaningful connections. No writer should embark on his or her writing journey without reading this first!
—Michael Hyatt // Author, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
This is an eBook about what it takes to be a writer in the 21st Century.
In it, you will learn everything from how to get started with a writing career to ultimately getting your work published — and all the wonderful work in between.
Mostly, you will learn the importance of believing in your calling and showing up every day to do what you were made to do: write.
My friend, Sarah Mae, who wrote the Foreword, talked me into writing this book. She even gave me the title. I can’t thank her enough for pushing me in this direction.
Also, Erin Johnson designed all the artwork for the cover and website, and Erick Nelson helped me with the conversions. I would heartily recommend both individuals, if you’re looking for help with publishing an eBook.
In speaking to audiences of bloggers and writers, I’ve realized that aspiring authors need to acknowledge one truth: You are a writer; you just need to write. A friend taught it to me, and it made all the difference.
What people are saying
Hundreds have reviewed this new eBook. Here are some of my favorites (I’ll continue to add to this list throughout the week):
- Joanna Penn and I chatted about not waiting to be picked
- Cole Bradburn talks about how wanting is not enough
- Ashley Ormon asks, “How do you know if you’re really a writer?”
- Mylene Orillo declares she is a writer
- Ron DesGroseilliers questions my sobriety
- KC Procter talks about the difference between dreamers and writers
- Denise Smedley talks about who this book is and is not for
- Tyler Hurts pretty much wants me dead
- Molly Nelson shares the relationship between desire and action
- Jason Spencer talks about the one thing you need to become a writer
- Jocelyn Stone talks about starting
Get the eBook
You Are a Writer is currently available as a PDF and Kindle book (it’s already climbing the lists nicely on Amazon). It’ll be out on Nook any day.
For a limited time, you can also get it in all formats plus a worksheet for pretty amazing price on the website. Check out the packages to find out more.
Want a FREE copy? Here’s how you can win one:
- Go to youareawriter.com.
- Share the site on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, or Google Plus.
- Then leave a message in the comments, letting me know what you did and answer the question below.
- In the next 24 hours, I’ll choose 10 lucky winners of the Golden Quill Package. If you don’t hear from me via email, you didn’t win.
Update: 10 people won the giveaway already; if you didn’t receive any email from me, you didn’t win.
Do you consider yourself a writer? Why or why not? Share in the comments.
Disclosure: Some of the above links are affiliate links.