Here’s the thing: I believe we all have a creative gift worth sharing with the world. And that is our art. So whether you have a business idea, a book in you, or some other project you want to create, I want to help you get that work out and into the world and help convince you that you don’t have to starve to do it.
If you have a passion for creativity and changing the world, this is the place for you.
On average, I publish one new article and one new podcast every week. If you don’t want to miss a thing, sign up for updates and a free eBook on how to build your audience by entering your email below:
What people are saying
Jeff’s writing is creative, heartfelt, engaging and effective. Subscribe, follow and befriend him today. You won’t be disappointed.
—Darren Rowse // Founder, Problogger.net
Jeff Goins has become one of my favorite bloggers.
—Michael Hyatt // Chairman, Thomas Nelson
Great copy connects at an emotional level, and Jeff writes from the heart.
—Brian Clark // CEO, Copyblogger Media
Jeff’s blog is a bastion of great, realistic, helpful writer advice for those longing to pursue their dream of publication.
—Mary DeMuth // WriteUncaged.com
My 4-year old just saw a picture of Jeff Goins and said, ‘Hey, isn’t that Luke Skywalker?!’
—Some dude on Twitter
Best blog posts
Here are some of the most popular articles I’ve written:
- Stop Waiting to Be Picked
- Get More Followers By Breaking the Rules
- 7 Tips for Effective Writing
- How to Write Like a Pro And Stop Sounding Stupid
- How to Stay Focused Writing
- The Discipline of Blogging
- Every Writer’s Dream
As seen on…
Who is this guy?
Originally from Chicago, I moved to Nashville after graduating from college and spending a year traveling with a band. In college, I studied Spanish and Religion and spent part of my Junior year in Spain, which unlocked a passion for travel, writing, and making a difference in the world.
After a year of letter-writing and long-distance phone calls, I moved to Tennessee to “see about a girl.” In 2008, I married that girl.
Now, I live in Nashville with my wife and kids. I’m the former Communications Director for Adventures in Missions, a nonprofit organization, and spend my time writing books and trying to take over the Internet.
I’ve written and guest-blogged for hundreds of magazines, publications, and blogs. I’m also a speaker, online writing teacher, and consultant. If you’re interested in having me come speak or work with you, check out my speaking and consulting page.
Other ways to connect
This blog is my home base. But you can also find me on the following social networks (in order of how much I use them):
Rules and stuff
- I don’t accept unsolicited guest posts.
- I will ignore all requests to promote your product, book, website, service, or blog post. I simply get too many of these and don’t have time to pick out the gems from the junk. Sorry.
- You don’t need permission to republish an excerpt from a blog post (300 words or less). You’re welcome to quote me without asking.
- For interview requests, please contact me on my contact page.
Tools I use
- Content management: Self-hosted WordPress
- Hosting: Synthesis (I also recommend Bluehost for less robust websites)
- Theme: Tribe Theme
- Header Design: Andrew Sale
- Headshot photo credit: Ashley Goins
- Newsletter delivery: Aweber
For more helpful tools, check out my writing and blogging resources page.
Stay in touch
I hope this blog challenges, inspires, and motivates you to do something meaningful with your life and art. If it does, send me a note. I’d love to hear from you. The best way to keep in touch with me is to sign up for free email updates (where you get all kinds of exclusive goodies). Add your email below)