You want to share your message with the world. You want to be heard. But in this day and age, with all the noise the Internet creates, building your platform can be challenging.
We also talk about attracting attention to your work and the importance of relationships. And how offline connection leads to online influence.
The way to build influence is one small interaction at a time and the key behind it all? Be thoughtful.
If you want to connect with an influencer, don’t start with what you want, start with what they want. [Tweet that]
As you listen to this week's episode of the podcast, you'll find practical strategies to build influence and grow your platform.
Listen to the podcast
To listen to the show, click the player below (if viewing this in email, click here).
Listen in as we talk about practical and profound ways to build your online platform. And as usual Andy and I share a couple predictions for the future.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to build offline connections that lead to online influence.
- The five platform personalities and the reasons they are important.
- Defining boundaries and how to choose what to share on your platform.
- The smartest way to build a platform.
- The 1%-9%-90% rule of the internet.
Resources mentioned in the show
- All Marketers Are Liars by Seth Godin
- Ev Williams’ Medium is Blogging for the 9% — Article by Hunter Walk
- Publishing platforms — Medium and Ghost
I hope you enjoy this week's episode. Feel free to download it and share with friends. And I'd love for you to take a moment to leave a review on iTunes (this helps more people find the podcast).
[specialbox]My book, You Are A Writer, is now available as an audiobook. You can get it free when you sign up for a free trial of Audible.[/specialbox]
What is your platform personality? Share in the comments.