Hey there fellow Platform-builder:
I'm guessing you found this page because you just saw me speak at the Platform Conference or someone you know shared this with you (which is totally cool, by the way).
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. Below you'll find more info about me, where you can connect with me on the interwebs, slides from my talk, and some other opportunities to get free stuff.
Everyone likes free stuff, right? That's what I thought. 😉
A little more about me
My name's Jeff, and this is my blog. So you're on my territory (whether you like it or not). Here are a few things about me:
- I'm the former communications and marketing director for Adventures in Missions (a nonprofit organization).
- I'm a new dad and a not-so-new husband (though I still act like an amateur, most of the time).
- I'm the author of two traditionally-published books — Wrecked and The In-Between — as well as a self-published eBook called You Are a Writer.
- I write, speak, and play on the Internet full time.
- My dream is to use words to change lives.
- I LOVE homemade guacamole (and make it a few times a week).
My talk at the Platform Conference was about how I built my platform with words, passion, and people — and ultimately, how I realized it wasn't about me. I did this by taking three steps:
- Own your identity.
- Pursue passion.
- Build a community.
Click the image below to download the PDF version of the slides:
Connect with me
I'd love to hear from you. What's your dream? What are you passionate about? How can I help you? Here's how you can reach me:
Don't miss a thing from Goinswriter.com! Get regular email updates delivered straight to your inbox by signing up below. I will never sell, trade, spam, or do anything sleazy with your information.