Early bird pricing for the Tribe Conference goes away on Friday! Get your ticket before the price goes up. Learn more here.
Last year, I was scared when we launched the Tribe Conference. My team and I had very little experience hosting events. We had no budget. And we had no idea what to expect. This year, I’m still afraid, but for different reasons.
The first Tribe Conference went extremely well. The experience far exceeded our expectations. And the attendees not only enjoyed themselves, but many of them also fulfilled goals afterward they previously thought were unattainable.
With the experience of the first Tribe Conference under our belt, we’ve set our expectations high for this year’s event. We’re staring down the fear of a sophomore slump. And we’re going full speed ahead in creating an even better experience for participants.
This week on The Portfolio Life, Andy Traub and I talk about how this event was created to help writers, artists, and creative entrepreneurs grow their craft and get the attention their work deserves.
Listen in as we go behind-the-scenes of the upcoming Tribe Conference. We share the fears we’re overcoming, why this conference is more like a workshop, and how this event will help you find your voice, build your platform, and go pro with your dream.
Listen to the podcast
To listen to the show, click the player below. (If you are reading this via email or RSS, please click here.)
In this episode, Andy and I discuss:
- My single greatest fear for this year's Tribe Conference.
- Why we think this year’s conference will be better than last year’s.
- How this event is like a workshop for writers and creatives.
- The four-step process you will go through to improve your craft, and build your platform.
- What you will learn, and how you will grow from this event.
- Receiving personal coaching during the conference.
- Tribe Conference 2016.
- 079: Lessons from Creating a Conference from Scratch in Three Months, by Jeff Goins.
- My Latest Experiment: Launching a Conference — Why I’m Scared & Doing It Anyway, by Jeff Goins.
- How I Finished Writing My Book in 90 Days, by Sandy Kreps.
- Download the full transcript here.
Have you faced the challenge of overcoming a sophomore slump? Share in the comments.