How do you take your ordinary talents and use them for extraordinary purposes? Is it possible to turn a normal life into an amazing story? Only if you’re willing to have your world completely turned upside down.
At least, that’s what Lynne Kurdziel discovered when her life began to change.
This week, we return to the Wrecked Sessions to hear one woman’s experience of how she started finding fulfillment through serving others.
Listen to the podcast
About our guest
While writing my book, Wrecked, I reached out to Lynne Kurdziel, wanting to find someone who hadn’t necessarily gone though a dramatic experience of life change in another culture but was still, nonetheless, changed by discomfort and compassion.
Lynne’s story is a great example of what it costs to find your purpose. It can sometimes be painful, hard, and confusing, but ultimately these experiences are designed to teach us that life is not only about us.
In this podcast episode, you’ll hear how my guest decided to use her business skills to creatively help those in need through her company Luminate Marketing.
I hope her story challenges you to consider how you could use your own professional skills to live a larger story.
- “Surely I’m meant for more than making money.” [Tweet]
- “It’s about creating something beautiful and something meaningful… that empowers people who are already doing something great.” [Tweet]
- “There are millions of people who are living lives without color.” [Tweet]
If you liked this podcast, here are some other ways to get involved:
- Listen to the previous session.
- Leave a review on iTunes.
- Buy the book on Amazon or Barnes and Noble (audiobook also available). If you’ve already read it, consider giving it to a friend!
- Download the Wrecked Action Guide and get a group to go through it together.
- Come see me speak at the Luminous Project this week (if you’re in the Nashville area or can get here). To see where I’m speaking next, visit my speaking page.
- Get a free copy of the Wrecked Manifesto (plus some other goodies) when you join my exclusive newsletter list.
How have you used your skills or talents to live a story that is bigger than you? Share in the comments.